Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Rest. Peace. And, more Rest.

I have heard it said that a road trip across the country can change things.
I have come to find out that is so very true.
In one cross country trip, my Abba encountered the deep parts of my heart.
He taught me to rest in Him.
Something, I had never really walked in; but, happens to be such a key aspect of who He is.

I have found for most of my life, at least the years I can vividly remember I have allowed thoughts to control my mind instead of abiding in His loving rest and peace that is provided for me. It’s there, always has been, I have just neglected it instead of embraced it.

Through 5 days of traveling He showed me the thought patterns that were literally destroying me, because they were ultimately controlling my life. When thoughts try to creep in and cause fear and anxiety (which is not part of who HE is) then I have the power to turn from those thoughts and instead embrace Jesus’ peace and rest and allow Him to fight my battles. I have to learn to trust Him, I don’t need to worry, because He has already gone before me and made a straight path for me. How incredible.

I made up my mind on this road trip; I would no longer resist His peace and rest. I would no longer not completely trust Him with my life (because ultimately when you worry, fear, and get anxious you aren’t trusting Him). I choose to abide in His peace and rest always; to completely trust Him with every aspect of my life.

He is beautiful. Outrageous. Incredible. Magnificent. Wonderful. (and every other word out there that could possibly be amazing haha)
I choose to live my life under the shadow of His wings.
Walking with confidence knowing He has got everything under control.
Why should I not trust Him?! :)

“I sought the Lord and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Those who look to Him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.” (Psalm 34:4-5)

“I will go before you and will level the mountains; I will break down gates of bronze, and cut through bars of iron. I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel who summons you by name.” (Isaiah 45:2-3)

“So do not worry or be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will have worries and anxieties of its own. Sufficient for each day is its own trouble.” (Matthew 6:34)

“Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.” (Philippians 4:6)

Peace. Love. Joy.

No comments: