Friday, September 17, 2010

Being a completely outrageous giver.

The other day while Bill Johnson was talking to us in class he shared this story about this guy who was at Starbucks and he just decided to bless the person behind him and pay for his order. That person, being so moved by the guy's giving gesture went and paid for the person behind him and this went on for 6 hours straight like a domino effect. How amazing?!

Well, me and my roommates after service tonight went to Taco Bell to get some dinner and decided to implement this awesome giving! So, we paid for the guy behind us in the drive-thru. After I had told the cashier I wanted to pay for the guy behind us he made the transaction and then looked at me and said,
"do you all know the guy?"
I said, "no, we just wanted to bless him!"
His face lite up and he said, "wow, that is nice of you guys. I wish someone would do that for me!"

It's crazy how just going out of your way to just be an outrageous blessing to someone else can totally just impact people with the love of God!

I encourage you...go out of your way!
Tip beyond what is expected!
Randomly pay for other people's orders!
Encourage strangers with a random word!

It so blesses the heart of God!!
I am looking forward to hearing stories of how Jesus moves by your gesture of outrageous giving!

Peace. Love. Joy.

No comments: