Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Promises.

[All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomes them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own.] Hebrews 11:13 &14

This passage comes in Hebrews after Moses, Enoch, and Abraham are talked about, thus "these people" is referring to them.

There is something so profound about holding onto a promise.
This passage so stuck out to me.
Each one of these incredible heroes of the faith saw promises, even though they were far off and yet welcomed them.
There is something so beautiful about that.

"People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own."

Each of these individuals "saw" great promises from a distance and welcomed them.
They welcomed promises that they did not even get to live to see..
why? because, they knew it was so much bigger then them.
And, so it was worth fighting for the fulfillment of the promises even if they didn't get to see the fulfillment with their own eyes.

I don't know about you, but that is some crazy character to me.
I want to live my life in such a way....
that, I see the promises of the future,
and I fight for them to come to pass,
even though I may not see the fulfillment.

Because, friends, IT IS bigger than me.

Peace. Love. Joy.

No comments: