Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Narnia.

I love the Narnia films, in fact, I think C.S. Lewis was one of the most brilliant men ever to walk this planet simply because he wrote some epic stuff.

I just saw the newest one out on the big screen; Voyage of the Dawn Treader, and of course my life was changed haha :)

I think C.S. Lewis did an amazing job of Aslan representing the whole trinity, which is such truth...the trinity is the 3 in 1. I love how throughout the movies Aslan represents the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit.....so brilliant :)

Aslan has always been my ultimate favorite depiction of who God is out of every other thing my imagination can muster to represent my beautiful Jesus...Aslan is the one that always wins, if Lewis only knew! ;)

Here are some quotes from the movie that really stuck out to me:

"To defeat the darkness out there you must first defeat the darkness inside yourself."

"You doubt your value. Don't run from who you are." (Aslan to Lucy)

"Extraordinary things happen to extraordinary people." (the mouse)

"A noble warrior does not run from fear....c'mon let's meet our destiny."

"Do not let them know your fears or it will become them."

"I can't imagine my Father being very proud of me giving up on what He died for." (Prince Caspian)

"My country was made for noble hearts." (Aslan)

Welp, there ya go! I hope they meant something to you :)

Peace. Love. Joy.

No comments: