Saturday, January 1, 2011

They say its 2011.....

2010.

Whew. This past year flew by insanely fast.
It was a good year I must admit.
One that went from the darkest hour of my life to the most amazing, hopeful hour of my life.

One year ago, today, the first of 2010, I was in Ireland.
It was such an amazing experience, and I love that country hands down.
In the midst of a lot of pain, and hopelessness being realized,
a love for that country was birthed inside my soul as well.
A love I cannot dismiss.
I plan to get back there next chance and see my dreams for that country come to life.

I came back from that trip realizing something very important:
I was not okay.
I needed Jesus' love to come heal a lot in my heart.
And, so 2010 started out on a journey of the heart.

It was really hard in the beginning;
processing through things that had built up on the walls of my heart since birth.

But, the last 5 months or so I've seen freedom like never before.
I've watched God come simply with His amazing love and heal my heart and in turn transform my life.
Life's always a process, and I think there is always more to grow,
bigger places to dream with Him...
so I certainly haven't arrived, but I have become a different person,
or maybe it's safe to say the "me" that was always there, just buried under lots of pain, has come out.

Abba is soo good to me.
I am beyond excited to see where He takes me in this year.
The adventures with Him are endless.
How exciting :)

So here is to the wonderful year of 2011,
a year that has been in the heart of my Abba for awhile.
Here is to the awesome things He has set up for me in this next year to stumble upon.

And, for the fun of it..
Here's to hopefully going to Israel, Greece, and Ireland.
To owning a Chanel Purse.
To learning to dance.
And, to flying first class forever and always.

(My selfish 2011 plans hahah :)
And, for some odd reason I just think He cares enough ;)

I'll leave you with a passage from one of my favorite books in the Bible, Isaiah. Enjoy :) This one is going to mark 2011 for me....

"Listen to me, you islands;
hear this, you distant nations;
Before I was born the Lord called me;
from my birth He has made mention of my name.
He made my mouth like a sharpened sword, in the shadow of His hand He hid me;
He made me into a polished arrow and concealed me in His quiver.
He said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will display my splendor."
(Isaiah 49:1-3)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen god loves you

Anonymous said...

Amen god loves you

Anonymous said...

love it Bri...love it love it