Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mademoiselle Chanel


Yes, you've got it, I already finished "The Gospel According to Chanel". I just could not for the life of me put it down. So much information on her life. Very interesting.

I am not going to give you some big essay about the book, I will say if you like fashion it's a good read. It takes her life; the things she went through and gives you tips on life.

There were so many amazing quotes throughout the whole book, I'll just leave you with a few to save you the time ;) haha

"The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud. (Chanel)"

"Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn" (Gore Vidal)

Excerpt from one of her last interviews before dying, presented in the New Yorker:

"I must tell you something of significance. Fashion is always of the time in which you live. It is not something standing alone. But the grand problem, the most important problem. is to rejuvenate women. To make women look young. Then their outlook on life changes. They feel more joyous. Women have always been the strong ones of the world. The men are always seeking from women a little pillow to put their heads down on. They are always longing for the mother who held them as infants. Women must tell men always that they are the strong ones. They are the big, the strong, the wonderful. In truth, women are the strong ones. It is just my opinion. I am not a professor. I speak my opinions gently. It is the truth for me. I am not young, but I feel young. The day I feel old, I will go to bed and stay there. J'aime la vie! I feel that to live is a wonderful thing."

...................................................................................

I got contacts the other day for the first time.
And, trust me my friends, I needed them.
My eyesight is not too hott at all.

When I got them in,(finally!), it was like a whole new world was opened up to me.
It was such a contradiction from what I had been seeing.
I could now see things so vivid and clear; things came to life for me.
It was crazy!

It got me thinking, that is how we should view the world through the eyes of our souls; with clarity! I think it comes from walking in purity and righteousness before our Abba! I feel like when we know Him on such a deep level that nothing compares, that literally the world is seen through new eyes and completely opens up to us in a way we never experienced before.

Anywho, just a random illustration.

Love y'all.

Peace. Love. Joy.

No comments: