Thursday, February 24, 2011

The simplicity of life.....

Simplicity.
I hear it echoing through the crevices of my heart....
what does simplicity look like?
how about a simple life?

More than ever my life has been narrowed down to one thing...
Him, and His presence.
I realize it all comes down to that in my life.
I fear less...
I worry less...
when it is as simple as me and Him.

I have this peace that He is going to open so many doors in my life,
doors I wouldn't have even thought to open..much less try.

His goodness has come to overwhelm who I am.
Everyday I find myself enraptured by who He is.
I don't want to spend time with Him because I need something from Him (although He does provide for my needs),
I spend time with Him because He is oh so lovely.
He is brilliant.
He is gracious.
He is GOOOOOOOOD.
I just love Him.

And, that is the simplicity of my life..
no matter where I go in my lifetime,
or what I do...
it all comes down to me and Him,
and at the end of my life...
I want to have the greatest history with Him that I can possibly have...
that is my pursuit in life.

"If you miss the small thing, you'll miss the big thing. Life in the Spirit is about the simple things."

"Greatness is really doing the simple things well-to the point of excellence."

Both of those are quotes from Graham Cooke....and both are immensely brilliant.

Peace. Love. Joy.

No comments: