Saturday, February 19, 2011

The beauty of not proving oneself.

I've been thinking....
yes, I tend to think quite a bit....
I have been thinking how much humanity uses talents, things, materials etc to validate who they are.
We do it more than we think....I think. :p

We try to validate ourselves with who we know,
what we are good at,
what we have...
the list goes on.

And, I am not saying I am exempt,
in fact, I think the very reason I have been thinking about it,
is because God has really been teaching me about the brilliance of not have to prove anything.

I have found, its so much more amazing to just be me.
Me without my gifts put on display.
Me without my connections known to all....
and so on and so forth.

I am pretty amazing just because I am me.
Not because of who I know, what I am good at, or what I own.

It's beautiful to not have to prove anything.
And, so that's what I am going for in life....
just simply being....
me,
Brianna Shea Geeslin.
Nothing more, and nothing less.

Peace. Love. Joy.

No comments: