Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I am sitting in my kitchen, sipping a nice cup of joe :) mmmm...that alone can put a smile on my face.
Gong through my mind?
Doed God KNOW me?
In the sense of wanting to be known by Him...
not simply that He knows me by name and knows all the hairs on my head (as the Bible says)....
But, have I, Brianna spent time with Him ALONE enough to be actually known by Him.
Have I created my own history with my Abba?
or is it about everything else we do in the Christian world?

I've been thinking lately about all the giftings we are given as Children of God,
and they are truly awesome....
but what happens when that is stripped away,
what is lying in the depths of our heart?
Is it void, or is there an outrageous love affair taking place?

To be super honest with you, I think in the hustle and bustle of just being here at Bethel, and learning so much and being stretched etc. etc.....
it can be hard to get that secret time with Jesus in.
And, I am so convicted....
All I want to be concerned with is Him...
everything else will flow out of that.

What is going to change the world above all else?
I believe it's when we consistently have encounters with the Heart and love of God, and then share those encounters with the world...and live from that place...
and that is place where the world sees Jesus for who He is, and come running into His arms.
That is my theory of sorts. (which I believe to be quite right :p)

I encourage you guys, spend that alone time with Jesus.
Just YOU and HIM in the secret place.
Allow Him to draw you away.
Where His thoughts become Yours.
Where His secrets become Yours.
And live life from that place.

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
(Matthew 6:6)

Peace. Love. Joy.

No comments: