Thursday, November 18, 2010

Creativity VS. Sophistication

Creativity VS. Sophistication.

These two have worlds of their own it seems...
and, I have to admit it daily frusturates me.

I know...I am crazy...
but, I love fashion, and I think it is an art of expressing oneself.
And, it is daily something that goes through this chaotic mind of mine.

Don't get me wrong, fashion in general is "creative" because you are "creating" something.

When I refer to the world of "creativity", I don't mean simply creating, I mean the creative world that is unique, has no boundaries, and risks...constantly.
It's this world where anything is possible....
new ideas, colors, patterns etc are the heartbeat.
There is indeed apart of my heart that very much likes this world...
for it is fun and adventurous and so full of life!
When I think of this world I think of the essence of really being "free" to express who you are.

Now, when I think of the world of "sophistication" I also get happy.
It's this world of glamour, and class.
It rings, "wealthy and prominent."
I love this world.
It makes me feel powerful and unstoppable.
As, if I could change the world!
It is this world of importance,
where people look to you, you could say...
if we were painting a picture.
Which I suppose I am. :)

For so long, these worlds have been completely separate,
if not complete opposites.
And, boy does it bother me.
I constantly think of unique ways to mix the two worlds,
because they are both amazing to me.

I wouldn't say I have figured it out yet.
At all.
It frusturates me, continuously.
Pathetic? Yes.
True? Even more so.

I am on the journey of learning to see the two worlds collide...
because, I think of they did it would create one, amazing, powerful, adventurous world for fashion where ideas could flow endlessly.

To seeing the two worlds collide....

Peace. Love. Joy.