Friday, November 5, 2010

Joseph.

The story of Joseph in the Bible is amazing.

I mean, think about it...
here is this guy, who mainly due to his own oblivion was sold into slavery by his very own brothers.
Can you imagine? I mean really, truly think about that scenario. Selling your very own family member? Insane.

Then he ends up being promoted to this place with Pharaoh, because he was able to interpret his dreams. He must have been so in tune with the Holy Spirit to speak revelation of those dreams.

So, then from that place he now is given strategy from Heaven on how to handle the famine that is going to happen. And, eventually, not only is he running Egypt, because Pharaoh has given him full reign....but the world ends up coming to him:

"When the famine had spread over the whole country, Joseph opened the storehouses and sold grain to the Egyptians, for the famine was severe throughout Egypt. And all the countries came to Egypt to buy grain from Joseph, because the famine was severe in all the world." (Genesis 41:56-57)

This man, once simply a slave betrayed by his own family, is now promoted to this place of influence where he is able to bring the strategy of Heaven down to earth in such a manner that the world eventually comes to him for wisdom.

I think Joseph spent a lot of time with Abba. I think he truly knew His heart. And, I think because he chose to focus on the one thing that God promoted him to this world stage...because, He knew He could trust Joseph with the platform and with the wisdom.

Because, all Joseph ever wanted was to know Abba.

I want to be after His heart.
I want that to be all I am consumed with.
Because, I believe that from that place all else and MORE will come.

[I want Abba to trust me with His heart. To tell me His secrets.]

Peace. Love. Joy.

No comments: