Monday, July 27, 2009

Us-People.

I was looking at this quote from C.S. Lewis the other day, and it really got me thinking. He says this, "I hope you will not misunderstand what I am going to say. I am not preaching, and Heaven knows I do not pretend to be better than anyone else. I am only trying to call attention to a fact; the fact that this year or this month, or more likely, this very day we have failed to practice ourselves the kind of behaviour we expect from other people."

This really made me think, about how we can walk around and always notice the issues in other people's lives, the things we just can't stand about them. The things we wish they could just fix and be better at. But, when do we ever ask ourselves if we need a little change, or a heart fix here and there.

We walk around and really end up judging people, and saying they need to be more like this or that, or we find something that just erks us about them.

I think it's part of human nature, and am in no way casting judgment on anyone... as I am merely human and I have judged people plenty.

I am just trying to show you, to show myself... that maybe next time we see an issue in some one's life, or something they need fixed...why don't we ask ourselves the same exact question? Why don't we presently come to fix that very thing in us. Why don't we look at where we have failed and where we haven't been abandoned to the things of God as much as we should.

We need to learn, more importantly, I need to learn, to keep my eyes on my beautiful Jesus, and constantly be examining my heart before I go and try to be the examiner of someone else's.

Let's just be laid down lovers-plain and simple!

Peace. Love. Joy!

No comments: