Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Love.

Love.
It is such a simple word-
yet so complex.

I have heard many people ponder their perspective on love.
I have heard many people preach love.
I have heard many people even proclaim that love was their life's message so to speak.
All this said quick and fast-with great intentions, but very little understanding of what they were speaking of.
I think most of us are at fault for this....

One day, I was asking God about all this talk about this "love" thing...
and I looked at the lives of people who had been preaching love, including myself might I add. He responded like this, "You got so caught up in preaching love, your forgot to live love." A very profound statement indeed-who would have thought?!
ha! =)

Anywayz, this made me think about people who changed my life through loving like Jesus, and some are even changing the world. Then I thought, and determined that they had never once preached love... they just were love. It brought me to a conclusion, that those who are really lovers, don't preach it, push it in others' faces, or even claim it is their life message. They just are IT-and that life example to me is better than a sermon on love. It is enough to change a life-to change the world!

There is this quote from C.S. Lewis I find myself pondering at times,
"Do not waste time bothering wether you "love" your neighbour;act as if you did. When you are behaving as if you loved someone you will presently come to love him."

I want to be that person. The one who just loves...just does it. No talking needed. I want to be the person who can literally walk into a room and not even have to say anything and the love of my Abba just permeates off of me into the hearts of those around. I want people to walk past me, and feel a love of a Father they have never experienced in their lives-and for that moment to literally transform their very being.

No talking. No Preaching.
Just, plain, simple... LOVE.
I want that to mark my life.

Peace. Love. Joy.

No comments: