Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Inheritance.


God has been pounding me with this lately.
The legacy I have,
the ones who went before me.

I look back on my family line and those who have gone before me,
and in the natural they did pretty cool things...
one of my Grandfather's flew Frank Sinatra (which, trust me is a story in itself) and the Beatles the first time they came to America.
The other Grandfather was very high up in Norfolk Southern Railroads and actually created their emblem which still exists to this day. He also worked for the CIA.
Looking at that, I go "wow! There's a lot to live up to there!" haha

My Grandmothers also have amazing stories! That's a whole book in itself ;)
Then, of course, come my parents, and their amazing stories!
They have one thing in common, they have lived in a time I do not know, nor ever will know. I wasn't there, they were. I can choose to walk away from inheritance and legacy and count it useless, or find value in their stories. I can literally benefit from the stories of their lives even though time and space separate me from being there.

Spiritual legacy becomes a whole new amazing ball game.
My parents have fought for things.
They have fought for me to have what I have.
They have sacrificed to be in ministry.
To stand as ones willing to lead the way for others.
It's been sacrifice, trust me on that.

Oh, but I appreciate the trail they have blazed.
I appreciate the lives they've touched.
I appreciate the nations they have gone to.
More importantly, I appreciate their hearts towards Jesus.

Everything I am comes from the platform they have made throughout their lives..
the most amazing thing though is that what they have fought for, I don't have to fight for; it's mine by inheritance.

This makes me want to live my life in such a way that I leave an inheritance and a righteous legacy for my lineage I will never see. I want them to go to a place I never went to with Jesus! I want to make a path that they can continue on where they can go to uncharted waters I will never be able to.

So, I encourage you guys, respect the ones in your life who have left their legacy and inheritance for you. It's such an honor to share in their stories, and benefit from their lives.

My friends, do not take for granted the legacy with which you've been given by inheritance. Embrace it.

"Honor creates a highway in which inheritance flows from generation to generation." (Kris Vallotton)

Peace. Love. Joy.

(The picture above is of my lovely Grandparents)

No comments: