Sunday, July 18, 2010

Earthquake.


The other morning, at around 5 am, we experienced an earthquake.
An earthquake in Frederick, MD.
Craziness.

Well, this earthquake woke me straight out of sleep.
My first thought was a plane had crashed,
because that is the only thing I could relate the sound too.

After discovering we had experiences an earthquake I really got to thinking....
the ground, with which our whole world, our lives are "planted" on could in a split second completely crumble from under us.

This hit me so hard. My life is only a vapor. The very ground I walk on, drive on...it could be gone in an instant. It makes you realize that this earth is only passing, there is something so much greater, and so much more stable and real. That's crazy amazing.

It also makes you fear the Lord. It makes you seriously stand in awe of Him.
The night before, when I was spending time with Jesus, I was asking Him for greater fear of Him. I want to know the secrets of His heart, but I must truly reverence His Holy Name before I can be trusted with such secrets.

The earthquake, to me, was this beautiful crazy realization that He is just incredibly outrageous! He is the one thing in this life I don't have to fear I will ever lose. I know, that I know, even if the ground under my feet is no more, He remains. That is such a grand realization.

Man, I life Him.

Peace. Love. Joy.

"The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them." (Psalm 25:14)

No comments: