Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Battle within our souls

I was watching a movie recently and God really spoke to me..... and gave me relevation.. it was actually spiderman 3 lol.

but some things said in the movie really hit my heart hard and really are SO TRUE!

" The Power Feels Good but you'll lose yourself."
When I heard that, God spoke to me.. its like when we sin just a little it feels so good to our flesh... and we want more and more of it.. and its like we start out with this itty bitty sin.. and next thing we know we are in a ditch. Its like one day u dont just wake up.. and you've fallen so far.. noo its a bunch of gradual compromises that landed you in that ditch! So o basically we have lost ourself. We dont know who we are anymore, we lost what God thinks, what he has called us to be. We no longer see our Destiny; or see through God's eyes. We have to learn to not let those compromises build... we have to learn not to lose ourselves in the good feeling of sin. We need to learn to be disgusted with sin... :)

"Whatever battle we have raging inside we always have a choice."
WOW! That is so powerful to me! We all have a battle raging.. a battle between our flesh and the spirit. Its constant... but we always, always have a choice!!! We can choose to yield to the flesh or overcome it the with power of Jesus. We always have excuses for our sins.. this or that this or that... in the end though it comes down to we could have chosen differently.. we could have chosen to overcome our flesh, yeah its the harder thing.. BUT WE HAVE A CHOICE! We have a choice to FIGHT and to war against the devil for our spirit! We do! We need to grasp that!

Just some thoughts, and something I felt God spoke to me! I hope it ministers to someone! :)

No comments: